August 24, 2009

Mushroom Pizza with a Little Pizzazz


Inspired by a recent trip to O&CO and Surfas, and the purchase of some truffle salt and truffle oil, I decided to make a mushroom pizza, topped off with some of my new purchases. The result....explosive flavor, and pure ecstasy.

Instructions:

1. Premade pizza dough (yes, I cheated, what can I say, I'm short on time)
2. A sauté of a variety of wild mushrooms, 1/2 onion, shallots and garlic. Finish with some white wine, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme and rosemary.
3. Assemble Pizza - Splash of olive oil on pizza dough, some salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. A layer of parmesan, fontina and mozzarella. A layer of mushrooms (drained of all excess liquid). A final layer of cheeses.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-9 minutes (until golden brown).
5. As soon as it comes out of the oven finish with a touch of truffle oil and a touch of truffle salt.

VoilĂ !

PS - This saved great, and made a fast and easy lunch for both Dave and I for two whole days after! Nothing beats a great meal that doubles as easy lunches!!

3 comments:

  1. I’m really enjoying your blog – comments about vines and food recipes! I have never been vine tasting but you provided me with so vivid descriptions that I was left with the feeling of being there, tasting all these vines and enjoying these good meals with you.
    Keep up with the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks wonderful. rustic, quick, simple, but looks like it is so full of flavor and texture. also, open to so many fun variations (toppings, cheeses, etc...) thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all I would like to say thank you because you have given long description so it would be very easy to understand and very easy to make also. I made it yesterday only and my kids like it so much even my wife too.

    ReplyDelete