August 13, 2009

Southern Feast! (Summary, more to come)

I have to say, I am a true fan of good old fashioned southern cookin'. And in homage of Dave's southern Georgia roots, he requested a true southern meal for his birthday. And, of course, I was happy to oblige. This was the evenings menu: buttermilk biscuits, chicken and dumplings, mac and cheese, green beans, yellow cake with chocolate frosting...and of course, fresh brewed sweet tea. All in all, I would call the evening a success. The only thing missing was Aunt Marie's acres peas. However, seeing as though we live in California, acres peas are not easy to come by on this coast (I will have to remember to bring home a bag on our next visit). Other than that, judging by the fact we are both lying comatose on the couch, I would have to say the meal was a complete success.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


(more detailed blog posts for each recipe to follow)





No comments:

Post a Comment